Out of Hours Medicines
There is of course a huge range of useful non-prescription medicines available at chemists, but if you run out of a regular prescription medicines you can obtain a supply out of hours without a prescription from a pharmacist or other source so you should never be without – this could be dangerous.
There are a selection of local pharmacies that will be open late.
[Insert Local Pharmacy Name, Address, and Tele]
Out of Hours Emergency Contraception
There are a variety of methods available, but it is essential you use it as soon as possible after the event for best results.
You can get the emergency contraceptive pill and the IUD for free from:
- GP – we will always fit you in urgently, please ask at reception.
- Your local Contraceptive clinic (find a clinic)
- A sexual health Clinic (find sexual health services)
- Some genitourinary medicine (GUM) clinics
- Some young people’s clinics (call 0800 567123)
You can also get the emergency contraceptive pill free from:
- Some pharmacies (find pharmacies near you)
- Most NHS walk-in centres and minor injuries units
- Some Accident and Emergency departments